Made for Moda

Posted on Tuesday, 14 July 2015

Remember in that blog post, like 8 weeks ago, where I mentioned that I wanted to create something?

Well, after much trial and error, I've finally done so!

After interning at a small business (Vecchio Vintage) in December 2014, the idea of creating and selling something has always been lingering in the back of my mind... A few months later, I figured out that I want to involve myself in something NEW and FRESH for the end of my gap year - a creative business perhaps? It took a lot longer than anticipated, maybe due to the fact that I have no formal design training (other than Textiles GCSE lol), but it's finally here!


Every season there are clothing trends - whether that be distressed denim, leather tassels, lace - but they're only limited to one medium (e.g. distressed denim - jeans), (fringe tassels - jacket) etc.



'Made for Moda' is merging clothing trends with accessories - the first of a series of designs being 'The Distressed Denim Drawstring Bag'.



After all, since when have you seen Distressed Denim on anything other than jeans or shorts?


The Distressed Denim Drawstring Bag is a handmade, limited edition, drawstring bag, made & inspired by fashion, perfect for all purposes - whether that be just as a casual/everyday bag or for travelling etc.


 The bag is also fully lined with denim fabric, for extra protection of your items and so stuff won't fall through the distressed denim holes! Above all, it's designed to complement your favourite outfits!


The brand tagline is 'Inspired by fashion. Made for fashion' - meaning the accessories are inspired by fashion trends but they also complement the clothes you're wearing. Hope that sums up what Made for Moda is about!

I also plan to release more designs throughout the summer to create a range so do stay tuned :-)

I'm starting it off as a summer pop-up shop (a temporary shop), as I am going to university in September, but I'm just gonna go with the flow and see where it goes!

You can buy the product on Made for Moda's Etsy shop and it also has an Instagram (@madeformoda) & Twitter (@madeformoda) for general updates/behind the scenes pics. 

Much love,

  1. This is really cool! Good luck to you!

    xxMel
    goldrusssh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete